English teacher wanted in Ceuta! Academia Talking English has a vacancy to join our existing team of 5 teachers in a small, friendly, family-run language academy 5 mins walk from the town centre.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic English teacher for the upcoming academic year 2017-2018. We are offering a full-time contract (30 hours/week) with full health and social security cover.
The successful candidate must be CELTA, TEFL or Masters degree qualified, have university qualifications and have experience teaching either young learners or teens and adults up to B2 level. Teachers will have to prepare their own lessons using as framework already made curriculums, attend weekly staff meetings and speak with parents when needed. Our adult courses are dynamic and flexible, designed to meet the needs of the individual student. Candidates must be available to start work from last week of August till the end of June.
Each teacher will have their own classroom fully equipped with a whiteboard, projector, computer and internet access. Besides, they will have access to our own method with lesson plans and teaching resources, apart from flashcards, realia, games, songs, dialogues… as we don’t follow any course book for young learners only for teenagers.
Our Director of Studies holds a weekly staff meeting as we strongly believe in team work. Moreover, it is appreciated, if possible, the attendance of new teachers to pre-course induction sessions. We say this because it would be ideal to have a first contact in June (paying conditions would be discussed); and if it wouldn’t be possible, the working contract would start the last week of August getting in contact with our environment and method but without students till the first week of September.
- Native English speaker competence / C1 level
- European passport-holder
- University degree and/or teaching qualification
- At least 2 years’ experience teaching children
- Experience with Infants valued
- Knowledge of Spanish an advantage as not many citizens have a good English competence
- Since the position involves working with children, teachers will be required to provide proof that they can work with minors (a DBS).
- We offer a salary according to national pay agreements with two extra-pays (half of a salary each) in December and June; as well as full national health and social security cover.
- 30h/week contract consisting of 24 teaching hours per week, the remaining contract hours being dedicated to class preparation, exam correction, report writing, meeting parents…
- A month holiday a year (12 months) plus 2 weeks at Christmas, 2 weeks at Easter and all national and local holidays.
- Teachers will be provided with resources.
- If you are interested in the post, send us your CV, recent photo and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary & Benefits
We will talk about salaries with successful candidates during the interview process.