OXFORD SCHOOL OF ENGLISH is a well-recognised language school in Madrid that through the years has gained the respect of students and teachers alike for our sincere commitment to teaching. The reduced number of staff encourages a team-work atmosphere making easy the sharing of ideas, strategies and projects. The management, always supportive, offers the teachers help not only in academic matters but also with more day to day issues (accommodation, Spanish ID, etc.)
* Small groups (10-12 students)
* Students are grouped according to level and age.
* All students and teachers have their own books.
* Ages range from 5 years old.
* Levels from Beginner to Proficiency.
* Preparation for external examinations: Cambridge KET, PET, FCE, CAE & CPE; APTIS and TOEIC®
* Most classes taught on premises. (No travelling)
Candidates should be English teachers with a recognised TEFL qualification and university degree. A year teaching experience at least is necessary. All applicants must be European citizens or hold a valid European work permit. Face-to-face interviews preferred in all cases.
* Preparation and imparting classes.
* Attending monthly meetings.
* Supervision of exams and their correction. (Exam papers supplied by the school)
* Writing of mid-term and end-of-term reports.
* Legal contract according to Spanish law.
* 9-month contract from 1st October to 30th June
* 16-20 hours a week. Block hours. All weekends free.
* Holidays depend on the Spanish official school calendar and local bank holidays.
* Apart from Christmas, Easter and the national and local bank holidays, teachers are entitled to a few days holidays which will be paid on the termination of contract.
Note: The school will contact candidates from 1st September onwards.
Salary & Benefits
* Wage according to experience. Minimum wage €1000,00 gross for 20 hours. Taxes and Social Security deducted according to Spanish Law.