Albany School of English is an innovative private language school with nine centres. There are three Albany Language Schools in Cordoba (Andalusia, Southern Spain), one in Castro (a village outside Cordoba) and four Albany Language Centres based in mainstream schools (three in Cordoba and one in Madrid).
Albany School was founded in 1984 and currently employs over 30 teachers. As a member of ACEIA, (The Association of Language Schools for Andalusia), and of FECEI, (The National Federation of Private Language Schools in Spain) we are committed to maintaining high standards throughout the organisation. So much so one of the two school owners is the second Vice-President of ACEIA.
DUE TO EXPANSION WE CAN OFFER 1 EFL TEACHER A FULL-TIME POST IN CORDOBA
Albany School regards its teachers as one of its most valuable assets and therefore invests time and resources to ensure that each teacher feels fully supported during their time with us. In order to help you become the best teacher you can Albany has a comprehensive Professional Development Programme (PDP) which includes:
- pre-course induction (online & face-to-face),
- internal and external training and development workshops,
- developmental observations,
- weekly team meetings,
- paid attendance at an international ELT conference,
- funding for training/development courses e.g. DELTA,
- opportunities and support to get into teacher training,
- peer observation programme,
- professional development review and end of year appraisal and
- free Spanish classes depending on your level.
In addition there are also workshops provided by external guest speakers on a variety of relevant topics. Our lemma is ‘teaching learning’ and we aim to carry that out at all levels which is why teachers are offered continuous support and advice as part of their development programme during their time with us.
If you would like to join our team of caring professionals please send your CV to our head of HR, Janina Crusells: email@example.com
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Native level speaker of English or equivalent (C2).
- Education to degree level or equivalent.
- A recognised, relevant teaching qualification (e.g. CELTA; CELTYL; Cert. TESOL; PGCE (TESOL+QTS); BEd./PGCE).
- Two years relevant teaching experience.
- Ability to work with young learners and teenagers.
- A competent computer user (specifically MS Office and Google Drive).
- A track record of professional development and a continued interest to develop and grow as a teaching professional.
- Professional, friendly and approachable manner with the ability to adapt and be flexible.
- Good organizational and planning skills.
Desirable competences: A working knowledge of Spanish.
1 FULL-TIME EFL TEACHER – CORDOBA:
Full-time Position in semi-private schools in CORDOBA and teaching in-company classes. Vacancy for teaching young learners, teens and adults.
CONTRACT: From October till the end of May with options to continue in June and July. This contract involves 24 contact (teaching) hours per week but your paid contract hours are for 34 hours. The remaining hours are paid class preparation, student evaluation, teacher development sessions, one-to-one meetings with Director of Studies and carrying out administrative duties (eg. reports, registers etc). The contract includes social security benefits: full national health and social security cover.
Paid Holidays: According to the school year’s calendar. There are usually two weeks at Christmas, one at Easter, two days during the Fair in Cordoba and one week at the end of June. All national and local public holidays are honoured.
Salary: A monthly competitive salary (above national pay agreements) for a full time contract is around 1,425 euros gross, based on qualifications and experience.
Assistance on arrival: We offer assistance on arrival which includes help with finding accommodation and legal paperwork. The school offers free Spanish classes for teachers depending on demand.