We are currently looking for a qualified native level teacher to join our small, friendly academy in Alcañiz, Aragon. We offer a contract of 22 hours/week and a salary of 1100 -1250 euros net per month. Classes will involve both adult and young learners’ groups. Lessons begin mid-afternoon typically between 3.00 and 4.00 and there are no weekend classes. There is also the possibility of further work over the Summer at our residential camps both in Spain and the UK.
We are particularly interested in teachers who have some experience of teaching children from the ages of 6 or 7 years old whilst a working knowledge of Spanish would also be an advantage.
Alcañiz is a small provincial capital of some 17000 inhabitants. It is situated about an hour and a half from the Mediterranean coast and an hour inland is the major city of Zaragoza. The town itself is typically Spanish with very little English spoken or heard. The surrounding area boasts beautiful and diverse countryside and plenty of unspoilt villages to visit.
Candidates must fulfil the following criteria:
- Be native or bilingual level speaker
- Possess a Celta or Trinity TEFL qualification
- Provide details of at least one contactable professional referee
- Have studied to degree level
- Have EU citizenship or hold a valid work permit
Contract runs from January 8 – June 15
22 teaching hours/week
No weekend classes
Maximum class sizes: 8 for children, 10 for Cambridge exam preparation classes
Weekly teacher meeting and classroom support
Salary & Benefits
We offer the following:
- 1100 – 1250 euros net per month dependant on experience
- Full health and social security cover
- Paid holidays at Easter and any public holidays
- Possibility of Summer work on our English Summer Camps
- Assistance in finding accommodation, opening a bank account, and registering with a local doctor.
- Private accident insurance
- Up to 4 days at local hotel while sorting out accommodation