As of September 22 we are looking to employ a qualified teacher for both primary and adult groups for the coming 2017-18 academic year.
The English House is a small, friendly academy based in Alcañiz in the heart of rural Aragón. We teach highly communicative English to children and adults as well as being an official Cambridge preparation centre. The academy is also a registered member of FECEI (Federation of English Language Teaching Centres in Spain).
We are particularly looking for a lively and dynamic teacher, comfortable teaching children from 6 – 11 years old as well as some adult student groups. A basic knowledge of Spanish would also be an advantage.
At The English House we are committed to providing both professional and personal support to all our teachers so that you can feel quickly at home both in and out of the classroom. To this end, in addition to providing regular advice regarding teaching materials and classroom management, we will also talk you through the paperwork required to obtain your Spanish residency and social security papers.
Both shared and individual accommodation in Alcañiz are inexpensive and not difficult to find. Nevertheless, we understand the importance of finding the right place for you, so to help you achieve this, we will pay up to 4 nights in a local hotel to give you time to make the right decision. Also, to help ease the financial burden of relocating we reimburse the cost of your flight from anywhere in EU, to be included in your first month’s salary.
Alcañiz is a small provincial capital of some 17000 inhabitants. It is situated about an hour and a half from the Mediterranean coast and an hour inland is the major city of Zaragoza. The town itself is typically Spanish with very little English spoken or heard. The surrounding area boasts beautiful and diverse countryside and plenty of unspoilt villages to visit.
Candidates must fulfil the following criteria:
- Be native or native level speaker
- Possess a recognised TEFL qualification
- Provide details of at least one contactable professional referee
- Have studied to degree level
- Have a basic knowledge of Spanish
Class sizes are typically between 6 and 10 students and all classrooms are fitted with Wifi, large screen TVs and audio. Teaching contracts are for 22 hours a week and there are no weekend classes.
Salary & Benefits
We offer the following:
- 1300 – 1500 euros Gross per month
- Flight expenses
- Hotel expenses while finding accommodation
- Full health and social security cover
- Paid holidays at Christmas, Easter and any public holidays
- Possibility of Summer work on our English Summer Camps
- Assistance in finding accommodation, opening a bank account, and registering with a local doctor.
- Private accident insurance