We are looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working professional with a passion for teaching, especially with very young learners (from the age of 3), to complete our team.
English 1 is a dynamic and growing school with 35 years of experience in Seville and a long-standing reputation for enjoyable, student-centred classes and quality language teaching.
At English 1, we believe in the importance of supportive management and professional development to support teachers in helping their students reach their full potential. Potential teachers must truly enjoy teaching and be willing to share their wealth of experience with colleagues.
- University degree
- Proficient user of English (C2 qualification required)
- CELTA, Trinity CertTESOL and/or PGCE
- At least two years’ experience teaching very young learners (3-6-year-olds)
- A legal right to work in Spain
- As the position requires working with children, the successful candidate will be required to provide proof that they can work with minors both from Spain and their country of origin. Assistance will be provided in acquiring the necessary paperwork
- Experience teaching University of Cambridge ESOL exams an advantage
- Working knowledge of Spanish an advantage
The teaching timetable ranges from 21 to 24 contact hours, usually between 4 and 10 pm, Monday to Thursday. Some morning or Friday classes may be required. The remaining hours (full-time contract – 34 hours) is used for class preparation, marking, class administration, twice monthly teachers’ meetings, monthly meetings with the Director of Studies and parents’ evenings.
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive salary with increments for exam preparation groups
- Full social security coverage
- All holidays are fully paid and include 2 weeks at Christmas, 1 week at Easter and all other local, regional and national holidays.