Since starting up in 1995, we have focussed on two main objectives:
-to help local Spanish speakers understand native-speaker English and to train them to use the language well enough for the purposes of communication.
-to take as many students as possible to a level where they can obtain official recognition through the Trinity or Cambridge exam suites.
We aim to achieve these by basing our teaching philosophy around the following:
- a long term staged, structured approach provided by course books
- imaginative use of course book or extra material to facilitate communicative activities
- prolonged exposure to the ‘natural’ English of native speaker teachers
Alba Inglés school is situated in the residential square, Plaza Guadalupe, in the centre of Osuna, about 3 minutes’ walk from the main shopping street and the indoor market. We have the following facilities..
- five spacious classrooms with air-conditioning
- a desk, standard whiteboard and computer with internet access in each classroom
- a projector with e-beam interactive whiteboard technology in each classroom
- a staff room with a substantial amount of extra materials and resources
Contract: maximum 25 hours a week contact time from now until end of May 2018 with possibility to continue next academic year.
Typical timetable: Mondays to Thursdays from 4:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. with two 15 min breaks and Fridays from 4:00 p.m. to 7.15 p.m. (to approx. 8.30 p.m. in the third term with the introduction of Trinity exam practice). There may very rarely be some morning classes but not more than two hours a week.
Salary: €1,300 gross per calendar month, dependent on meeting requirements. Full health and social security cover. Paid holidays at Christmas, Easter, local fair in mid-May and any other local or national holidays.
- English as first language
- EU citizen or in possession of a valid Spanish work permit
- University degree plus CELTA/Trinity TESOL certificate and/or PGCE
- Experience of a similar teaching environment to that of Alba Inglés
- Active interest in and experience of teaching young learners and very young learners (5 and 6 year olds)
- Familiar with Cambridge PET and FCE exams
- Basic IT skills
Alba Inglés is currently looking for an English teacher on a 25hr contract to work until end of May 2018 with possibility to extend next academic year.