Andrew English School was established in Algeciras in 2001 and since then it has made a name for itself locally for the quality of its instruction. At the moment we have two academies in our city, both in residential areas. We are members of ACEIA (The Association of Language Teaching Centres Andalucía) and the FECEI (The Spanish Federation of Language Teaching Centres).
Since our inception, Andrew has been advocating a formula of teaching such that our students not only learn, come to manage English fluently, practice with native speakers and are prepared for their respective exams, but also reinforce whatever English learning they are doing in other institutions and above all ensure that learning with us is comfortable, enjoyable and fun. To this end our classrooms are equipped with air conditioning and the latest classroom technology ICT (Interactive Whiteboards) thus providing our students not only with this great tool, but all the possibilities offered by the Internet.
Currently our students are composed of children age 3 and up, teenagers and adults of all levels. We prepare our students for the Cambridge ESOL Exams. Each group receives two 90 minute classes a week, either on Monday and Wednesday or Tuesday and Thursday. Adult classes run in the morning from 10:30 to 13:30 and classes start again at 15:30 to 21:30 and include classes for the rest of the students including some more adult classes. On Fridays we offer speaking workshops for adults in the morning and for younger students in the afternoon.
At present our staff includes 5 teachers, a secretary a director of studies and a manager. Our priority in Andrew is the wellbeing and training of our team which in turn benefits our students. For this reason each year we participate in teacher conferences offered by The ACEIA and The FECEI.
- Full-Time Contract of 34 with 24 contact hours with the remaining 10 hours for class preparation, grading examinations, student assessment and meetings.
- Full national health coverage and social security.
- Competitive salary over national wage agreements.
- Classes begin in September and end in June. We would prefer that teachers arrive in Algeciras in early September for orientation and course preparation.
- Paid holiday sat Christmas, Easter and during local, national or regional public holidays.
- Assistance on arrival with finding accommodation and with domestic legal procedures.
- Be a native speaker of English or have a native level.
- Be an EU passport holder. North Americans or other Non-EU passport holders are welcome to apply but must hold a valid EU working visa.
- University degree.
- CELTA or a similar TEFL qualification.
Preferred but not required:
- Previous experience teaching (with small children, children, adolescents and adults).
- A basic level of Spanish.
- Experience in Cambridge exam preparation.
We are currently looking for teachers for September 2016.