El Centro de Inglés is a serious, professional language school dedicated to quality language teaching and teacher development situated in Andujar, in the province of Jaen, south-eastern Spain.
The school opened in 1988. At present there are over 650 students. We teach English to children (from 4 years), teenagers and adults from total beginners to advanced level. A large percentage of our students are young learners. We prepare students for all the Cambridge University ESOL and the Trinity College GESE and ISE exams. We are an official Trinity centre. We have a new annex comprising 3 additional classrooms which opened in September 2013.
At present there are 10 teachers, a Director of Studies, a secretary and a Director. We run in-service training and have an on-going teacher support and observation programme as well as local education courses for non-native teachers of English and business classes. External teacher training is funded by the school. Experienced teachers are on hand at the beginning of term to help new teachers find their way around the school and the wealth of teaching materials in the staffroom.
Most timetables begin at 4.00/4.30pm and finish at 9.30pm. On an average day you will be teaching four and a half hours. There are some morning classes and no Saturday classes. We finish at 7.30pm on a Friday afternoon. An average timetable would be 21 teaching hours although you are on a full time contract for 34 hours since the remaining hours are put in preparing classes, attending teachers’ meetings and carrying out administrative duties. More hours will be offered if available.
- Bright, centrally heated and air-conditioned classrooms, all with modern furniture and whiteboards which look out onto a typical Andalusian patio.
- Small groups (max. 12 students) graded according to age and level.
- Large teachers’ room with photocopier, and a wide selection of the latest teaching materials, DVD’s, materials for young learners and most recent course books.
- Kitchenette with microwave, fridge and water dispenser
- A lending library (DVDs, books and magazines) and an extensive EFL training library
- Interactive whiteboards (e-beam) with laptop and wifi in all classrooms
- 21 -24 contact hours with pay review in January
- 9.5 month contract (mid Sept-end of June)
- Full health and insurance cover
- Increments for PGCE/DELTA/MA/YLE
- Settling in allowance
- Fully paid Christmas, Easter, local, national and regional holidays
- Holiday bonus (approx 23 days) on completion of contract
- Assistance on arrival, help with finding accommodation, paperwork and Spanish classes
Classes start on 14th September 2017. Term finishes end of June 2018. Teachers need to be in Andujar before 7th September in order to attend teachers’ meetings and induction sessions.
Join us at our workshop on “Legalities and Paperwork for Teachers in Spain” at the Spainwise South Recruitment Fair Saturday 13th May 2017
- Native English speaker Competence
- EU national/valid work permit
- University degree
- CELTA/DELTA/Trinity College TEFL (or similar) qualification
- Previous teaching experience (including young learners)
- A working knowledge of Spanish is essential
- Experience of the Cambridge and Trinity exams highly valued
We currently have 3 vacancies for teachers to start 14th September 2017. These positions involve teaching Cambridge exam groups at levels B1,B2 and C1. Some young learners teaching will also be required.