Who are we?
CentrosD2 is a well-established, rapidly expanding training centre which is committed to quality and is certified as ISO 9001 – the international Standard for Quality Management.
We offer a variety of courses, including a comprehensive year round English programme and we have specialized in certified language training since 2006. As an official examination centre for the National University of Distance Learning (UNED-CUID), University of Cambridge, ETS TOEFL and TOEIC, Language Cert, Cervantes Institute and Alliance Française we offer exam courses in numerous languages (including English, Spanish, French, Italian and Arabic).
Where are we?
CentrosD2 is a stone’s throw away from the city centre, in the Spanish North-African enclave of Melilla.
As a teaching member of staff at CentrosD2, you will:
- be a highly motivated and responsible professional
- be talented at teaching across the age range, from 3 years to adult.
- be able to teach all CEFR levels
- must be a native level speaker of English (C2 level)
- must be CELTA / Trinity CertTESOL qualified, or equivalent
- be committed to professional development
- have experience in exam preparation
- have the legal right to work and live in Spain
As an English language teacher at CentrosD2, your role could include:
- BEDA training and immersion classes in local infant, primary and secondary schools
- English for very young learners (2, 3, 4 and 5 years)
- Cambridge English for young learners
- Courses for primary, adolescents and adults preparing for the TOEFL tests and Cambridge exams
- TOEIC intensive courses
- Cambridge examinations for all CEFR levels
- Language Cert tests for all CEFR levels
- Subsidized training programs for adults
- Support classes for all levels
- Studies abroad with leading companies in the sector
We also design and offer regular activities for students such as fun days, intensive courses, extra exam training sessions, conversation clubs and summer and winter camps for young learners and adolescents.
Salary & Benefits
A full-time contract runs until June with the opportunity to continue over the summer months in our summer schools or intensive courses. There is also the possibility of extending the contract by mutual consent for another school year.
- a monthly salary of €1,350 net (35 contracted hours per week, 25 of which are contact hours and 10 ´flexi-hours´ for admin, lesson preparation and professional training) with paid social security
- opportunities for overtime
- a yearly supplementary allowance of 300 € in respect of termination of contract without incidences.
- paid holidays in winter and spring including all national and local holidays.
- opportunities for career advancement, responsibility and promotion.
- return boat transportation from Malaga to Melilla once a year (40 €).
- support with finding accommodation, with regularization and documentation
- the opportunity to learn Spanish and prepare for an official examination
- as a Cambridge Partner centre, our teachers have access to online training courses