Enthusiastic, experienced native level EFL teacher required to start immediately (21/01/19) until the end of June/19 for prestigious language school in Oviedo (Asturias).
Excellent conditions and pleasant working environment. Competitive salary as well as paid Easter, local and national holidays. Option for renewal of contract and summer classes.
Classes include children, teenagers and adults from Beginners to Advanced levels, so we need a hard working professional who is really passionate about teaching.
Classes also include exam preparation (mainly Cambridge English).
York Idiomas is comprised of three centres, all in Oviedo (Asturias). We have over 30 years experience in the teaching of foreign languages and are proud to be considered one of the most prestigious academies in Asturias. We employ around 20 teachers from different countries such as the UK, Ireland, USA, Russia, South Africa, Spain and Austria.
We teach English to all ages at all levels, and are an Official Centre for Cambridge ESOL Examinations, TOEFL iBT and Trinity College Exams. We also provide different workshops in English to our students.
Oviedo is the capital of the Principality of Asturias with a population of about 200.000. It is a University City with a lively old part and a great deal of culture, such as theatres, cinemas, museums, etc.
Asturias also has many other attractions such as 200 kms of coastline including beautiful beaches and rugged cliffs, National Parks and breathtaking mountains (including ski resorts) all situated at a short distance from the city.
– University Degree.
– TEFL qualification. Preferably CELTA or Trinity Cert TESOL.
– Intermediate level of Spanish.
– Experience with Cambridge Exams preparation.
– EU citizenship or suitable working permits.
– Minimum 1 year of teaching experience.
Applications not meeting the minimum requirements will not be acknowledged.
– 25 to 30 contact hours per week (minimum 25h guaranteed)
– Opportunities for training and professional development
– Help with house-hunting and economic assistance with initial accommodation upon arrival.
– Small groups with individual attention.
– Supportive and friendly work atmosphere.
– Laptops and interactive whiteboards for all teachers.
– All material (both digital and in paper) prepared for all teachers.
Salary & Benefits
Minimum net salary of 1175 euros (25 contact hours) guaranteed even if teacher drops below 25 contact hours at any point in the academic year.
1 week paid holiday at Easter plus national/local bank holidays.
Social Security and full medical coverage.
Option for renewal of contract.