We are looking for EFL Teaching + Activity Leaders to work on our English camps for schools. These camps are mini English immersion residential camps that typically run between 3-5 days in the south of Spain. These camps largely take place in the months of February-March and May-June, however this depends on when schools wish to have them.
Whenever we have a school camp, our team of school camp EFL Teaching + Activity Leaders and coordinators will live onsite on the camp for those days. As a EFL Teaching + Activity Leaders we will train and support you to be able to plan and teach you TEFL classes each day. In the afternoons then you will run activities and sports with them, although you will also supervise them during various parts of the day including projects, crafts, evening entertainment, and waking up and putting to bed. This type of work means long hours and lots of energy, but it is also fun and engaging work in beautiful surroundings.
Typically we will have camps run every 2-3 weeks or so, so then we don’t have a camp you will form part of our camp central office team getting ready for the next camp!
When not working on a school camp, staff will work Monday-Thursday and a long weekend to be able to travel around Spain.
For those interested, we would love to offer positions on our summer camps in July and August. With our ongoing training and development, we hope that you will be prepared to either become a full TEFL teacher on one of our summer camps, or possibly be a Coordinator; a position whereby you would be a manager of a team of up to 20 staff.
- A Fluent or Native English level is required.
- A Criminal background check will be necessary.
- Start: February 2020
- Finish: Between March-August 2020 (we are flexible)
- Paid internship
- Accommodation + Meals provided
- Spanish course provided
Salary & Benefits
- Commencement of Work: Arrive: February/March
- Finish of Work: July (We can be flexible with these days so if you can’t do the full dates you should still apply.
Candidates can extend their contracts by working on summer camps in August)
- Total NET Wage:
- Base Monthly Wage: €150 NET (after tax)
- Monthly Performance bonus: Up to €150 NET available. This is depending on how good the candidate’s job performance and strain they have had during the past month.
- July Summer Camp Wage: €550-€1250 depending on position hired for.
- Candidates eligible to come with the Erasmus programme can receive an extra €230 per month.
- During camps all meals are provided for. Between camps there is lunch available in our on-site canteen Monday-Friday.
- Accommodation is provided for on camp. Between camps, accommodation is provided for in our company apartment.
- Spanish classes (Either weekly or intensive course)