- Native level English speaker
- A recognised degree in any subject
- CELTA / Trinity CertTESOL / DELTA (with classroom observations)
- Teaching experience
- Some Spanish / Portuguese an advantage.
- Knowledge of the Cambridge exam system
- A good understanding of English grammar
- Ability to be independent (Aljaraque is a small village)
- Confidence to teach children as young as 3 (some training will be given)
- Energy (vital for young learners classes)
- Ability to work as part of a team
- A commitment to fulfill a contract for nine months teaching.
- Flexibility in the classroom
- Keen to improve teaching techniques and attend training seminars
- Positive and cheerful outlook
We are looking for a teacher to join our team to teach young learners, teenagers and adults including Cambridge main suite levels. Teachers enjoy and benefit from our teacher development programme and attend paid seminars on site twice a month. We firmly believe that happy teachers make happy students. All classes are on site and each teacher has their own classroom and the possibility of promotion exists
Salary & Benefits
• Salary €1560 gross for 24 hours pro rata.
• Maximum 24 teaching hours a week
• Extra payments for attending teacher development sessions
• Settling in allowance
• Paid induction training
• Help finding accommodation, getting a bank account, documentation etc.
• Regular paid training sessions
• Paid national and local holidays, plus Christmas and Easter.
• Social security and tax benefits according to Spanish law.
• Accrued holiday pay paid on completion of contract in June.
• Start Date: Monday 16th September 2019