THE CULTURAL ENGLISH CENTRE is a small private language school located in Linares, Jaén (Andalucia). We’re currently looking for an EFL teacher with experience teaching young children.
At The Cultural English Centre we pride ourselves on caring for our students’ wellbeing, as well as their academic progress. Although exams and certificates are important, we believe learning a language is about really being able to communicate.
The Cultural English Centre:
- The school opened in 1987; we currently have 10 full-time teachers
- Maximum 10 students in each class (maximum 8 in very young learner classes)
- Cambridge Exam Preparation Centre and Exam Venue
- Extracurricular activities (theatre club, cultural trips)
- Ongoing teacher training
- Attendance at teaching conferences (ACEIA; TESOL Spain)
- School is member of ACEIA (Association of Language Schools of Andalucía) and FECEI (National Federation of Language Schools)
- Contract runs from early September 2021 to late June 2022; possibility of continuing the following academic year
- 25 hours contract – 17 contact hours per week plus teacher meetings and admin time; more hours may be available once classes start
- Most teaching work is in the afternoon and evening, although some morning classes may be available
- Help finding accommodation
- Applicants should have CELTA, Trinity CertTESOL (or equivalent) plus two years’ experience
- Applicants must be eligible to work in Spain
- Gross monthly salary €1250
- Registered in Spanish national health system
- Experience teaching online is a plus
If interested, please send a full CV and cover letter to email@example.com.