Alba Inglés is currently looking for a teacher to complete the team for the academic year 2022-23.
Since starting up in 1995, we have focused on two main objectives:
-to help local Spanish speakers understand proficient-speaker English and to train them to use the language well enough for the purposes of communication.
-to take as many students as possible to a level where they can obtain official recognition through the Trinity or Cambridge exam suites.
We aim to achieve these by basing our teaching philosophy around the following:
– a long term staged, structured approach provided by course books.
– imaginative use of course book or extra material to facilitate communicative activities.
– prolonged exposure to the ‘natural’ English of proficient speaker teachers.
Alba Inglés school is situated in the residential square, Plaza Guadalupe, in the centre of Osuna, about 3 minutes’ walk from the main shopping street and the indoor market. We have the following facilities..
- five spacious classrooms with air-conditioning
- a desk, standard whiteboard and computer with internet access in each classroom
- a projector with e-beam interactive whiteboard technology in each classroom
- a staff room with a substantial amount of extra materials and resources.
- Proficient in English
- University degree plus CELTA/Trinity CertTESOL and/or PGCE
- Active interest in and experience of teaching young learners
- Current Criminal Record Background check (ICPC) certificate
- Experience of a similar teaching environment to that of Alba Inglés
- Basic IT skills and experience of online teaching (see ‘conditions’)
Maximum 25 hours a week contact time from mid-September to mid-June.
Mondays to Thursdays from 4:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m./9:30 p.m. depending on the day, with two 15 min breaks.
Fridays from 4:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
There may be some morning classes depending on demand.
Although our region has registered some of the lowest number of cases of Covid-19 per capita, given the current situation in Spain in general, our ability to give 100% on-site classes will depend on government legislation come September. Online teaching may be required.
Salary and benefits
Salary: minimum €1,385 gross per calendar month
Full health and social security cover. Paid holidays at Christmas, Easter, local fair in mid-May and any other local or national holidays.