SPEAKERS IDIOMAS is a private language school located in the northern Spanish town of Gijón. We are members of ACEIAS, Association of Private Language Schools in Asturias, and of FECEI, National Federation of Private Language Schools in Spain.
With a maximum of eight students in each group, classes are small and personal.
We are looking for an English teacher to join our team in Gijón, Asturias. Students come for two or three hours a week, depending on the levels which range from absolute beginners to advanced. We have students of all ages from as young as 2, although the vast majority will be older children or teenagers many of whom will take the Cambridge and / or Trinity examinations.
Working with children, the teacher must be open, kind, expressive, creative and flexible as lessons with said children may include crafts or games.
- University degree or any TEFL, DELTA OR CELTA qualifications (e.g. Trinity CertTESOL).
- Experience teaching both very young learners as well as teenagers and adults (References must be provided)
- Competent in Spanish (Intermediate or higher)
- Experience with Cambridge and Trinity exam preparation.
- Proficient in Word, Powerpoint, ..
- Worksheet design.
- Classes include children, teenagers and adults.
- Classes include exam preparation (Cambridge English and/or Trinity)
- Small groups (Maximum 8 students per class)
- Supportive and friendly work atmosphere.
- Teachers will have access to all type of teaching resources, including books, flash cards, games, DVDs, CDs and supplies for lesson planning.
- Interactive computers and Internet connection in all classrooms.
Salary & Benefits
- Gross monthly salary: 1.600 – 1.800.
- Minimum of 24 contract hour.
- Full health and Social Security cover.
- Free training workshops. (We really value teachers who are willing to keep on learning and attend training workshops throughout the academic year.
If you meet the requirements and are interested in the position, please contact us:
Please send your CV with a recent photo, copies of your qualifications and contact details for your references to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org