We are looking to employ a qualified native or native level teacher for the 2020-21 academic year.
The English House is a small, friendly academy based in Alcañiz, Aragón. We teach highly communicative English to children and adults as well as being an official Cambridge preparation centre.
We are particularly looking for an enthusiastic teacher, to teach children from primary through to secondary age as well as some adult classes.
At The English House we are committed to providing both professional and personal support to all our teachers so that you can feel quickly at home both in and out of the classroom. To this end, in addition to providing regular advice regarding teaching materials and classroom management, we will also assist you with the paperwork required to obtain your Spanish residency and social security papers.
Alcañiz is a small provincial capital of some 17000 inhabitants. It is situated about an hour and a half from the Mediterranean coast and an hour inland is the major city of Zaragoza. The town itself is typically Spanish with very little English spoken. The surrounding area boasts beautiful and diverse countryside and plenty of unspoilt villages to visit.
- Be native or native level speaker (C2 level minimum)
- Possess a CELTA or Trinity CertTESOL (or equivalent)
- Have studied to degree level
- 20 teaching hours
- No weekend classes
- Max group sizes: 8
Salary & Benefits
- 1350 euros gross per month
- Full health and social security cover
- Paid holidays at Christmas, Easter and any public holidays
- Assistance in finding accommodation, opening a bank account, and registering with a local doctor.
- Private accident insurance
- 3 nights’ paid accommodation while looking for somewhere to live