European Learning Centre (ELC), an educational centre with over 25 years of experience, is located in Ubrique, Cadiz, Spain. Students range from 3-year- olds to adults. The position requires being passionate in language teaching and TEFL certification or equivalent. Equally important, teachers should be available from mid-September as there is paid training before classes begin on the 2nd of October, 2023. Previous english-teaching experience will be valuable. We offer a minimum of 20 hours a week of teaching time (can be more if demand is there) and 3 hours a week of paid preparation time. Plus paid coordination meetings with the Academic Coordinator.
All classes have their own (flexible) planning created by our academy with each activity (including games, songs, videos, etc) already planned and designed for the teacher. In addition to this, teachers get 3 hours of paid preparation time.
ELC is part of many different Erasmus+, European educational projects. Because of this teachers have a unique opportunity to be involved in them. These educational projects offer teachers a fun way to learn more about different themes within education. In addition, it’s a good way to meet other international education professionals.
If you want to learn more details about this position, fill in the form below
- any appropriate teaching qualification (e.g Trinity CertTESOL)
- Native speaker or at least C1 certified English
- TIE or passport enabling you to work in Spain legally
- Teaching experience is valued but not required
- Teachers must be available by January 8th, 2023
- ELC has 30 years of experience
- Part of Erasmus+ European Educational Projects open to teachers
- Support team with 2 secretaries, a Director and an Academic Coordinator
- Planning will be easier for teacher as we have fully prepared classes with planned activities
- 20 hours guaranteed of teaching time (more depending on demand)
- 3 hours a week of preparation time
- Monthly paid meetings with the Academic Coordinator
Salary & Benefits
- Nationally competitive salary with the ‘convenio nacional’ for teachers
- Paid In-house training, meetings.
- Paid preparation hours weekly
- A supportive work environment
- Availability to keep improving skills/working on different Erasmus+ educational projects
- Because it is a small town, the cost of living is very low!