We will have a full-time post available to start on Monday 15th August 2022.
Descriptions of Language School:
We are located in Ceuta (Spanish enclave), on the northern coast of Morocco opposite Gibraltar. The most common way to come and go to the main land (Spain) from Ceuta is a 45 min ferry to Algeciras. Our premises have been in operation since 2007 in a residential area, a walk away from the town centre; although, it is run by a 30-year-experienced British teacher.
At present, we have over 300 students, with a maximum of 15 per class, who come 4 hours a week. Being as young as 4 and up to 18 years old, our students usually take the Cambridge Assessment English exams in their teens from Intermediate to Advanced levels. We set up each group following two criteria: age and level of the student, guaranteeing the homogeneity of each group.
Each teacher has their own classroom fully equipped with a smartboard, computer and internet access. Besides, they have access to our own method with teaching materials… as we don’t follow any course books. Our aim is not to replicate the typical classroom environment.
The working contract will start on 15th August, getting in contact with our environment and method but without students till 5th September.
- Planning, preparing and delivering lessons following our courses syllabus.
- Preparing teaching materials, when necessary.
- Giving ideas for project-based assignments.
- Checking and assessing students’ work.
- Attending a weekly staff meeting.
- Having good classroom-management skills.
- University degree and/or teaching qualification (e.g. Trinity CertTESOL).
- At least 2 years of experience teaching children / Cambridge examinations.
- Knowledge of Spanish an advantage for the candidate as not many locals are able to communicate in English.
- An asset to have knowledge or experience on Jolly Phonics.
- Candidates eligible to work in Europe or with TIE enabling you to work in Spain preferred.
- Full-time contract (34hrs/w) being 20 teaching hours per week from Mondays to Thursdays in the afternoons. The remaining contract hours are dedicated to staff meeting, lesson planning, correction of written exercises, meeting parents…during the school year (starting the second half of August – till end of June).
Salary & Benefits
- We offer a salary according to national pay agreements for a full-time contract (1300€) with two extra-pays in December and June; as well as full national health and social security cover.
- There are two weeks’ paid holiday at Christmas and two weeks for Spring Break, as well as any local and national holiday.
- Help and assistance on arrival. We don’t mind assisting with seeking accommodation; however, it is something without our reach. However, for non-locals we pay a plus of 200e/month for accommodation.