Improving Communication since 1994
At IC we don’t only pride ourselves in producing the best possible service for our students, but also developing our teachers to be the best that they can be. Do you want to work in an environment where you can share, learn and develop as a teacher? Do you want to work in a highly motivated and confident team of people from diverse backgrounds? If so, we could be the school for you.
We are located in Bilbao, one of the largest cities in the North of Spain. Although just a short metro ride from the seaside, there is the feeling of a small capital city. The Basque country enjoys a slightly cooler climate than the 40ºC+ of the south, however, we still get to enjoy long summers of a more reasonable 30ºC+ as well as enough rain to give us our beautiful green landscapes. Bilbao is home to the world-famous Guggenheim museum and boasts some of the finest cuisines in Spain. There are also good train and plane connections to major European cities as well as other parts of Spain. If you like good food, nice people, mountains and the seaside, Bilbao might be the place for you.
Who do we teach?
Young learners (4-8)
Business professionals (lawyers, engineers, managers ….
Some of our students are in groups of no more than 10 and others in private 1 on 1 lessons.
We employ a mixture of new as well as experienced teachers
Help with getting your legal paperwork
Help finding a flat
A paid induction
Weekly training sessions
Opportunities to attend conferences to aid in profesional developement
Full holiday pay
A mentoring program for new teachers
We have no preference for Native or Non-native speakers as long as your English level is C2
• C2 Level
• European passport holder
• University degree
• CELTA / Trinity CertTESOL or similar TEFL qualification
• Relevant experience and reasonable Spanish (minimum A2 level) are definite advantages
• Reliable, responsible, professional
• Team player
• Enthusiastic and dynamic
• Full-time contract
• Average of 22 contact hours
Salary & Benefits
• Full national health and Social Security cover
• Private health insurance scheme
• Competitive package with salary above the national pay agreements
• Fully paid Christmas, Easter, local, national and regional holidays
• Induction at the start of the contract
• Assistance on arrival, help with finding accommodation, paperwork
• In-house and external training
• Mentoring Program