Founded in 2006, TAKE ENGLISH is a registered Trinity College examination centre and authorised University of Cambridge preparation centre located in the east of the city of Seville, in a lively neighbourhood two minutes’ walk from the metro line which will connect you with the city centre in 5 minutes (alternatively there are options to travel easily by bus or with the city’s public bike network).
We have a fantastic team of 17 teachers and administrative staff, and we pride ourselves on our great working atmosphere and our many students whom all our teachers say are so much fun to teach! Our in-house training allows our teachers to develop professionally by sharing ideas together and collaborating to find creative solutions to all teaching’s challenges!
For the coming academic year 2019/20, we are excited to be able to offer several full-time opportunities in which you’ll teach English to children, teenagers and adults using a practical approach focussed on developing our students’ skills and helping them gain confidence listening to and speaking English through the use of games, music and creative activities.
Our senior teachers and administrative staff are on-hand to provide continued support throughout the course and, as members of ACEIA (Andalusian Association of Foreign Language Centres) and FECEI (Spanish Federation of Foreign Language Centres), we are constantly kept up to date with the latest trends in education and the English-teaching industry!
We have contracts ranging from 20-23+ hours (depending on your profile) working only afternoons Monday to Thursday (you may be offered optional additional work, such as morning classes, workshops or private classes).
For a 22-hour contract, you will receive a gross-monthly wage of €1,250, with fully paid Christmas, Easter, local, regional and national holidays.
- CELTA/Trinity CertTESOL certificate
- Native level skills, fluency and accent
- One year’s experience teaching young learners and/or teenagers
- We look for vocational teachers who want to develop and who love what they do!
- Professional, friendly and approachable manner
- Ability to build rapport, adapt and be flexible
- Good organisational and planning skills
- EU passport/work permission
Teachers will have their own classroom equipped with a whiteboard, laptop and projector. Books and teaching materials provided for all levels.
4 or 5 classes a day of 60, 75 or 90 mins in length depending on level. Classes come twice a week between 15:45 and 22:00 Monday to Thursday.
We teach all ages, from 4 to adults, in classes of a maximum of 10 students.
Every year, we prepare more and more students to successfully obtain University of Cambridge certificates, and are excited to now offer the option to sit Trinity College London exams in our centre!
During the course, you will be provided with various sessions of in-house training from our experienced team. Sessions cover everything from classroom management, lesson planning, being creative in the classroom, as well as Cambridge focussed training, and much, much more!
Teachers are also given the opportunity to engage in peer observation sessions, and we strongly encourage a collaborative environment.
Salary & Benefits
- Contract options of 20-23 hours per week (not inc. optional extras)
- 22 hour contract = €1,250 gross + performance bonuses
- Teachers who stay on for a second course will receive an increment in salary
- Contract from September 2019 to end of June 2020 inc. general health coverage
- PAID Christmas, Semana Santa, Feria, local, regional, national bank holidays