MondragonLingua is looking for a qualified, enthusiastic English language teacher to be based at our centre in Arrasate-Mondragon, in the Basque Country, northern Spain and to start in January 2019.
We are looking for an ‘all-rounder’, someone who is looking to gain experience teaching a range of classes: children and teenagers as well as business and exam classes.
Best practice sessions are held throughout the year and teachers will find that help and support is always at hand. For those looking to stay on, we can offer opportunites to develop in other areas.
Arrasate is within easy reach of the capital cities Bilbao, San Sebastian and Vitoria and are a 45-minute drive away from the nearest coast. It is surrounded by stunning mountainous countryside and tend to attract lovers of outdoor activities, particularly hiking and trekking.
Preferred English teaching qualifications: CELTA or Trinity CertTESOL
Applicants must be proficient users of English
A clean driving licence and willingness to drive is essential
You will need to be able to provide proof of criminal record check and first class references
Applicants must be EU nationals
- Contract start date: immediate. Finish date: end of June 2019, with possibility to continue.
- An average week involves 24 hours’ teaching – business, general and exam classes as well as some classes with children and teenagers. A bit of everything usually. You will also be involved in Skype classes and will receive training for this.
- The weekly workload varies slightly depending mainly on which intensive courses are on from week to week.
Classes usually start at 7.30, 7.45 or 8.00. Classes often finish around 20.00. There are, of course, periods of inactivity during the working day.
- Lessons may be in-company or in-school, which means you have to travel from place to place. Company car available.
- Typically, you would have about 2 calendar weeks’ holiday at Christmas (Dec 22-Jan 6 approx.), 10 calendar days at Easter, plus one or two national holidays/saints’ days throughout the year (fiestas and puentes).
- The contract has a 3-month trial period. This protects both sides, employee and employer.
Salary & Benefits
We help you find shared accommodation (average monthly rent: 700 for a 3-bedroomed flat = 250 + bills per person)
Possibility of renewed contract for 2019-2020
We pick you up from the airport eg. Bilbao and take you to your flat
Details of salary at interview
Watch our video Working for MondragonLingua on YouTube to find out more about what it’s like to work with us