We are looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working professional with a passion for teaching, especially with very young learners (from the age of 3), to complete our team as a part-time teacher.
English 1 is a dynamic and growing school with 35 years of experience in Seville and a long-standing reputation for enjoyable, student-centred classes and quality language teaching.
At English 1, we believe in the importance of supportive management and professional development to support teachers in helping their students reach their full potential. Potential teachers must truly enjoy teaching and be willing to share their wealth of experience with colleagues.
Unfortunately, we can only reply to candidates who meet the requirements detailed in this advertisement.
Key qualifications and competencies:
- University degree
- Proficient user of English (C2 qualification required)
- CELTA, Trinity CertTESOL and/or PGCE
- At least two years’ experience teaching English or other areas to very young learners (3-6-year-olds)
- A legal right to work in Spain
- IT skills (Microsoft Office, Google Docs, email etc)
- Good organisation and planning skills
- Flexibility and an ability to adapt to change
- Warm, friendly, approachable and professional manner
Desirable qualifications and competencies
- Experience teaching Cambridge English exams
- Working knowledge of Spanish
- Young learner qualification (e.g. IHCYLT or CELTYL)
The contract for this part-time position is 23 hours, of which 16 hours are contact (teaching hours). The teaching timetable is usually between 4 and 10pm, Monday to Thursday. Some morning or Friday classes may be required. The remaining hours are used for class preparation, marking, class administration, twice monthly teachers’ meetings, monthly meetings with the Director of Studies and parents’ evenings twice a year. Contracts are from the end of September until mid-June and include full social security coverage.
As the position requires working with children, the successful candidate will be required to provide proof both from Spain and their country of origin that they can work with minors.
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive salary in accordance with national pay agreements
- All holidays are fully paid and include 2 weeks at Christmas, 1 week at Easter and all other local, regional and national holidays.
- Personalized CPD programme, in-house teacher training and opportunities to attend conferences and training events.