I’m looking for a teacher to start in December or January in English Dos Hermanas. It’s a small academy in Dos Hermanas, a town near Seville.The journey time from the centre of Seville is 15-17 minutes by train from San Bernardo or Santa Justa and the academy is 3 minutes from the train station.
The ideal candidate would deliver communicative, student-centred classes to young learners and teenagers. Classes are small (6-10 per class) allowing teachers to work effectively and give individual attention to each student. The timetable is Monday to Thursday, there are 20,5 teaching hours a week : 16.00- 22.00 Mon/Wed and 16.00-19.45 Tues/Thurs. There is one meeting per month on a Friday morning. The term started on 18th September and finishes late June 2024. Teachers have their own classrooms which are well-equipped with laptops, projectors and whiteboards. We are a Cambridge Preparation Centre and offer Young Learners, Preliminary B1, First B2 and Advanced C1 exams.
Teacher development is in-house and we attend external events such as the ACEIA conference and other presencial or online teacher training events.
- CELTA certificate, or Trinity Cert TESOL qualification
- At least one year’s teaching experience with children and teens in an academy
- Cambridge exam preparation experience is preferable
- Spanish language level B1 at least
- A genuine interest in teaching young learners and teens
- Native English speaker or have level C2 English (EU resident or have a work permit, NIE/TIE or other)
- Experience of giving classes on Zoom is a plus.
- Hours: the post is for 18 or 20.5 teaching hours per week, Monday to Thursday between the hours of 16.00-22.00.
- The contract and pay depend on the exact number of teaching hours which will be confirmed before contract is signed.
- There is a 15 minute break from 19.15-19.30 plus 1 hour for meetings on Friday mornings once a month.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary: €1080 or €1230 per month gross depending on the number of teaching hours worked (18 or 20.5 hours) for a teacher who meets the requirements. The wages offered include preparation time and the contract pays full social security and holiday pay.
- Holidays: 2 weeks paid holiday at Christmas and one week at Easter plus local and national holidays.
- At the end of contract holiday pay is given and a fijo discontinuo contract to continue working in September 2023.