MondragonLingua, a leading language school in the Basque Country, northern Spain, is looking for enthusiastic teachers to join our friendly, supportive teams in Arrasate-Mondragon and Onati. We are looking for ‘all-rounders’ who are seeking to gain experience teaching a range of classes. Arrasate and Onati are within easy reach of the Basque capitals and a 45-minute drive from the coast. Both towns are surrounded by stunning mountainous countryside which tends to attract lovers of the outdoors.
– Degree required
– Preferred qualifications: Cambridge CELTA or Trinity CertTESOL
– Proficient user of English
– Proficient user of and ability to teach French, German or Italian an advantage, but not essential to apply
– EU National
– clean driving licence and willingness to drive
– first-class references on request
– proof of criminal record check
– proficient typist and IT user (MS Word, MS Excel…)
– confident in public, good communication skills
– reliable, punctual, able to meet deadlines
– willing to adapt to our clients culture.
Preferable (not essential):
– basic command of Spanish
– own transport
Start: 16 September 2019
End: end June or July 2020
Conditions, Working Week, etc.:
– An average week involves 24 hours’ teaching – children, teenagers, young adults, as well as business, general and exam classes, virtual classes – a bit of everything usually.
– The weekly workload varies slightly depending mainly on which intensive courses are on from week to week.
– Classes usually start at 7.30, 7.45 or 8.00. Classes often finish at around 20.00. There are of course periods of inactivity during the working day.
– Some of the lessons may be in-company, which means you have to travel from place to place. Company car available.
– The contract has a 3-month trial period. This protects both sides, employee and employer
Typically, you would have about 2 calendar weeks at Christmas (Dec. 22-Jan 6 approx.), 10 calendar days at Easter, plus one or two national holidays / saints’ days throughout the year (fiestas and puentes).
Salary & Benefits
Details of salary at interview
– We invite teachers for a week’s training prior to starting their classes (week beginning 9th September) which includes observing a variety of classes, attending best practice sessions and thorough handovers
– Best practice sessions are held throughout the year by our experienced team
– Help and support is always at hand
– We find shared accommodation (average monthly rent: 700 for a 3-roomed flat = 250 + bills per person).
– Possibility of renewed contract for 2019-2020.
– We pick you up from the airport eg. Bilbao and take you to your flat.
Watch our video to hear a bit more about what it’s like to work at MondragonLingua: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv2RXQogTac&t=5s