We are looking to employ 2 qualified teachers for the coming 2022-23 academic year.
The English House is a small, friendly academy based in Alcañiz, Aragón. We teach highly communicative English to children and adults as well as being an official Cambridge preparation centre. The academy is also a registered member of FECEI (Federation of English Language Teaching Centres in Spain).
As well as someone who enjoys teaching, candidates should have a genuine affinity for working with children and teens. Small group sizes mean strong bonds between teachers and students and a fun, relaxed atmosphere in which to learn. Our young learner classes aim, above all, to stimulate speaking and understanding, while our teens enjoy the opportunity to practice with native level teachers who have first-hand experience of English-speaking cultures. We also run conversation groups for adults ranging from B1 to C1 levels.
At The English House we are committed to providing both professional and personal support to all our teachers so that you can feel quickly at home both in and out of the classroom. To this end, in addition to providing advice on teaching materials and activity ideas we will also assist you with the paperwork required to obtain your Spanish residency and social security papers.
Alcañiz is a small provincial capital of some 17000 inhabitants. It is situated about an hour and a half from the Mediterranean coast and an hour inland is the major city of Zaragoza. The town itself is typically Spanish with very little English spoken. The surrounding area boasts beautiful and diverse countryside and plenty of unspoilt villages to visit.
- Be native level speaker (C2 level minimum)
- Eligible to work in Spain (EU passport and/or Spanish residency)
- Possess a CELTA or Trinity CertTESOL (or equivalent)
- Have studied to degree level
- Minimum of 1 year classroom teaching experience
- 25 hour a week contract (Max. 22 contact hours)
- No weekend classes
- Max group sizes: 8 primary and 10 for Exam preparation classes
Salary & Benefits
Salary and benefits
- 1400 euros gross per month
- Full health and social security cover
- Paid holidays at Christmas, Easter and any public holidays
- Assistance in finding accommodation, opening a bank account, and registering with a local doctor.
- Private accident insurance
- Up to 3 nights’ paid accommodation while looking for somewhere to live