MondragonLingua is looking for qualified, enthusiastic English language teachers to start immediately. Teachers will be based at our centres in Arrasate-Mondragon and Oñati, in the Basque Country, northern Spain.
We are looking for an ‘all-rounder’, someone who is looking to gain experience teaching a range of classes: children and teenagers as well as business and exam classes.
Teachers are invited for a week’s training before starting their classes, which includes observing a variety of classes, attending best practice sessions and receiving thorough handovers, which makes it an ideal position for both newly qualified as well as experienced teachers. Best practice sessions are held throughout the year and teachers will find that help and support is always at hand. For those looking to stay on, we can offer opportunites to develop in other areas.
Arrasate and Oñati are within easy reach of the capital cities Bilbao, San Sebastian and Vitoria and are a 45-minute drive away from the nearest coast. Both Arrasate and Oñati and surrounded by stunning mountainous countryside and tend to attract lovers of outdoor activities, particularly hiking and trekking.
Preferred teaching qualifications: CELTA or Trinity CertTESOL
Applicants must be proficient users of English
A clean driving licence and willingness to drive is essential
You will need to be able to provide proof of criminal record check and first class references
Applicants must be EU nationals
Proficient users of and ability to teach French or German an advantage, but not essential to apply
- Contract start date: Monday 1st October 2018. Finish date: end of June 2019, or end of July 2019 if teachers are interested in teaching on our summer camps.
- An average week involves 24 hours’ teaching – business, general and exam classes as well as some classes with children and teenagers. A bit of everything usually. You may also be involved in Skype classes.
- The weekly workload varies slightly depending mainly on which intensive courses are on from week to week.
Classes usually start at 7.30, 7.45 or 8.00. Classes often finish around 20.00. There are, of course, periods of inactivity during the working day.
- Lessons may be in-company or in-school, which means you have to travel from place to place. Company car available.
- Typically, you would have about 2 calendar weeks’ holiday at Christmas (Dec 22-Jan 6 approx.), 10 calendar days at Easter, plus one or two national holidays/saints’ days throughout the year (fiestas and puentes).
- The contract has a 3-month trial period. This protects both sides, employee and employer.
Salary & Benefits
Successful candidates are invited to a week’s training prior to starting their classes.
We find shared accommodation (average monthly rent: 700 for a 3-bedroomed flat = 250 + bills per person)
Possibility of renewed contract for 2019-2020
We pick you up from the airport eg. Bilbao and take you to your flat
Details of salary at interview
Watch our video Working for MondragonLingua on YouTube to find out more about what it’s like to work with us