Located in one of the world’s most beautiful cities, Lacunza – IH San Sebastian offers the opportunity to form part of a highly successful language school with an established reputation both locally in the TEFL global community – a well-resourced organisation which offers competitive conditions in our field and cares about the welfare of its staff and employees. You will benefit from a wide variety of teaching work including groups at all ages and levels, Exam classes, Business English, Telephone English and other specialist activities in a healthy and stimulating multi-cultural atmosphere, which also provides a comprehensive range of training which caters for the developmental needs of teachers with varying degrees of experience.
CELTA, Trinity CertTESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
A degree and the right to work in the EU.
Start date 03/09/2019
Contract duration: 10 months until the end of June 2020*.
The post will involve up to 22 hours teaching per week, including a significant number of groups in the 10-18 age range as well as adult groups and possibly some Business English teaching.
We are looking for effective and motivated professionals who will show a genuine interest in learners both inside and outside the classroom. We expect teachers to be flexible and to participate enthusiastically in all of the school’s varied activities. In return we will give ample support to enable you to perform at the required standard, as well as provide multiple opportunities for professional development in the form of the various courses, seminars and workshops which are held throughout the year.
Salary & Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Up to €170 per flight (one outbound and one return)
• We have an efficient relocation service which includes help finding accommodation.
• Holidays accrued at 2.5 days per calendar month worked.
• We invite teachers for a week’s training prior to starting their classes (week beginning 9th September) which includes help with the relocation, attending training sessions and thorough handovers
• Training sessions are held throughout the year by our experienced team and Director of Education
• Opportunity to learn Spanish and French for free.
• *Possibility of contract renewal for academic year 2020-21.