We are looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working professional with a passion for teaching, especially with very young learners, for a part-time teaching position for the academic year 2023-2024.
The position involves 20 hours weekly, 14 hours of which are classes, and the other hours are for planning, meetings, and other administrative duties. The classes take place from Monday to Friday from 16.00.
English 1 is a dynamic and growing school with 40 years of experience in Seville and a long-standing reputation for enjoyable, student-centred classes and quality language teaching. We are also active members of ACEIA (Andalusian Association of Private Language Schools) and FECEI (Spanish National Federation of Private Language Schools).
At English 1, we believe in the importance of supportive management and professional development to guide teachers in helping their students reach their full potential. Potential teachers must genuinely enjoy teaching and working with children and teenagers, and be willing to share their wealth of experience with colleagues.
Unfortunately, we can only reply to candidates who meet the requirements detailed in this advertisement.
Key qualifications and competencies:
- Proficient user of English (C2 qualification required)
- CELTA, Trinity CertTESOL and/or PGCE
- At least two years’ experience teaching English or other areas to very young learners (from 3-year-olds)
- A legal right to work in Spain
- IT skills (Zoom, Microsoft Office, Google Docs, email etc)
- Good organisation and planning skills
- Flexibility and an ability to adapt to change
- Warm, friendly, approachable, and professional manner
Desirable qualifications and competencies
- Experience teaching Cambridge, Trinity or Aptis Exams
- Working knowledge of Spanish
- Young learner qualification (e.g. CertPT – YLs & VYLs, IHCYLT or CELTYL)
Full-time teaching contracts are 34 hours (24 hours of contact time). Part-time contracts are based on a similarly ratioed scale. As the position requires working with children, the successful candidate will be required to provide proof both from Spain and their country of origin that they can work with minors.
Salary & Benefits
The salary will be discussed at interview and is in accordance with national pay agreements. This contract will start in mid-September and includes full social security coverage.