We are currently looking for 2 qualified teachers to provide lessons to Young Learners at our school in Palma Del Río, province of Córdoba. One position requires 22 contact hours whereas the other position is for 4 hours per week (Tuesdays and Thursdays from 16:00 to 18:00).
1) Undergraduate degree in any subject, but those in Education, foreign language(s), English, Linguistics or Childhood Studies are viewed favourably
2) Cambridge CELTA, Trinity CertTESOL or equivalent
3) Cambridge CPE if applicant is not a native speaker of English
4) Eligibility to work in Spain (passport holders of any EU member country are eligible)
5) ICPC certificate if applicant has lived in the UK, and clear CRB check
JOB DETAILS AT A GLANCE:
- Days: Monday to Friday
- Contract hours: 25 per week
- Contract duration: mid Sep. 2021 – mid June 2022
- Paid holidays: 2 weeks at Christmas, 1 week at Easter, all local and national holidays
- Age groups: 5-15 years old
- Levels: Beginner to upper-intermediate (<A1 – B2 CEFR)
- Class size: 4-10 students per class
- Exams prepared: Cambridge KET, PET and FCE
- Location: our centre in Palma del Río (Córdoba)
IN MORE DETAIL:
As one of our teachers, you will be in charge of 11 classes (4 -10 students per class). Each class follows a textbook, which will provide you with the contents and resources you need to prepare your lessons. Most of your students are pre-school or primary aged children, with some teenaged classes. You will receive support undertaking your new responsibilities as a teacher, according to your level of experience.
– Familiarise yourself with the language level of your students and set appropriate learning goals
– Prepare and deliver lessons which lead to the achievement of these learning goals
– Monitor student progress and keep records of assessment
– Keep a record of student attendance
– For students aged 11 years +, set and correct homework once a week
– For lower primary classes, incorporate our Jolly Phonics reading programme into lessons frequently and systematically
– For exam preparation classes, ensure the exam syllabus is fully covered and practised
– Attend training workshops and actively participate in your development as a teacher e.g. consult us about doubts you have, experiment with new ways to resolve problems and take note of how successful they have been and why (not), share what you have learned with your fellow teachers.
We employ a communicative methodology, yet traditional grammar explanations will also form part of teenagers’ and adults’ lessons, so a firm grasp of how to teach grammar explicitly will also be necessary. We highly value dynamic teachers who are able to combine effective language teaching with engaging and fun activities whilst developing a positive rapport with their students.
Our teachers are given a textbook and teacher’s book (both physical and digital) for each course they teach and they have access to extra resources like flashcards, realia, toys and games, photocopiable resource books, photocopiers, printers and arts and crafts materials. Each teacher has their own classroom with PC, speakers and projector.
Classes are held from 4pm onwards, Monday to Friday – NO weekends. The contract involves a maximum of 23 teaching hours a week. There will also be up to 2 hours of weekly training sessions/meetings (depending on the teachers’ previous experience) every Tuesday morning and Friday afternoon to ensure high standards and the smooth running of the school.
All new teachers will receive lesson observations and other ongoing support to help them achieve success in their role, and there will also be the opportunity for external training, should the teacher wish.
The school is located in a pretty, little town around an hour’s drive from Cordoba. It’s very authentically Andalusian so, if you’re looking to make Spanish friends and improve your Spanish, Palma Del Rio is a good place to be. In contrast, if you’re looking for a large expat community, this is probably not the place for you. You can expect to live quite cheaply here (by Spanish standards) and public transport takes you to Cordoba, Seville, Jaen and Cadiz should you wish to spend some time in a larger place at the weekend.
Salary & Benefits
The salary depends on the number of hours in the contract, but exceeds the minimum salary considerably. As well as accrued holiday pay at the end of the contract, employees receive 3 weeks of paid holidays during term.