Point English is an English language school established in 1999. We are located a short distance from the centre of Sevilla, just two stops on the local train service.
We pride ourselves on the reputation and success we have gained, based on providing the highest level of teaching, the latest didactic materials along with friendly and professional attention to students/clients and staff.
At all times we strive to give a balanced method of teaching where the learning process is as enjoyable as possible, without losing sight of the academic goals of today’s language learner in Spain. We emphasise as much as possible the development of speaking and comprehension skills.
Our centre caters for very young learners (from the age of 4), primary and secondary school ages, as well as adults. Typically the young learners continue their English education with us up to high school / tertiary level, with the aims of obtaining an official title which recognises their achievements (Cambridge ESOL exams).
Above all, we’d like our teachers to have a learning experience. Our background is strong at an academic level of Linguistics, together with a vast practical knowledge of EFL methodology. We provide an in-house continual teacher-training programme and enable teachers to attend various external workshops and conferences throughout the year. Teachers are observed each term with the aim of providing constructive feedback and further guidance.
All classrooms are air-conditioned and ventilated, with laptops, white boards, digital projectors, CD players, speakers and wi-fi. There is a separate teachers room.
After confinement was introduced in Spain during March 2020 our centre successfully converted our operations to 100% online for the rest of the school year, maintaining all the current teaching contracts intact and enabling all Cambridge exam candidates to present themselves for the exams. We were the only centre in the area capable of achieving this.
A typical teaching timetable involves 18-21 classroom hours per week, from around 4 pm to 9/10.00 pm Monday to Thursdays only.
All teaching salaries are awarded on the basis that the contract includes from 10-12 hours a week (on average) be spent on lesson preparation / marking / report writing / meetings.
Classes are of either 60 or 90 minutes duration, depending on the age of the group.
All local and national holidays are included in the salary as are the Xmas (typically two weeks) and Easter (1 week) breaks.
The academic year goes from mid September to the end of the 3rd week of June. A finiquito is paid at the end of each contract in June.
All contracts are in accordance with Spanish Labour regulations and awards. Full social security benefits are automatically provided by the state.
Applicants for a teaching position
- are native level users of English with a Degree plus a CELTA / Trinity CertTESOL or equivalent.
- are EU citizens or elligible for EU residency.
- have at least 1 year’s classroom teaching experience in a similar position.
- depending on the position, have experience with young learners (8-12) or very young learners (4-6 years old), although the positions will entail also teaching teenagers and possibly adults.
- preferably have an awareness of the CEFRL and knowledge of / experience with Cambridge English exams.
- can provide an International Child Protection Certificate (ICPC) or equivalent from their country of origin plus the Spanish CERTIFICADO POR DELITOS DE NATURALEZA SEXUAL.
We require teachers to
- possess good organizational skills
- maintain a neat and professional appearance and manner
- attend to typical administrative tasks (maintain class registers, correction of homework, correction of term or bi-term exams, write reports) and to be sufficiently adept with Office software
- attend a monthly meeting / workshop
We require a dedicated EFL Teacher to fill a vacant position. The contracted hours will be over 4 afternoons/evenings, Monday to Thursday, with a total of 18 teaching hours per week.
All classes take place face-to-face at our centre, and the starting date is from after the Easter holidays until the end of June 2023, with the possibility of a further contract for the following school year.
Our starting salary is 1197€ gross per month for the 18 classroom hour per week contract, with your contracted hours totalling 29 per week (to include preparation, marking, report writing and meetings). All official holidays paid, plus social security benefits.
We require experience with Young Learners (8-12) and good knowledge of the Cambridge First exam.