Point English is an English language school established in 1999. We are located a short distance from the centre of Sevilla, just two stops on the local train service.
We pride ourselves on the reputation and success we have gained, based on providing the highest level of teaching, the latest didactic materials along with friendly and professional attention to students/clients and staff.
At all times we strive to give a balanced method of teaching where the learning process is as enjoyable as possible, without losing sight of the academic goals of today’s language learner in Spain.
Our centre caters for very young learners (from the age of 4), primary and secondary school ages, as well as adults. Typically the young learners continue their English education with us up to high school / tertiary level, with the aims of obtaining an official title which recognises their achievements (Cambridge ESOL exams).
Our background is strong at an academic level of Linguistics, together with a vast practical knowledge of EFL methodology. We provide an in-house continual teacher-training programme and enable teachers to attend various external workshops and conferences throughout the year, the costs of which are fully covered. Teachers are observed with the aim of providing constructive feedback and further guidance.
A typical teaching timetable involves 18-22 classroom hours per week, from around 4 pm to 9/10.00 pm Monday to Thursdays only.
Starting salaries range from 1050-1250€ NET per month, although increments are made according to qualifications and similar classroom experience. The salary is also awarded on the basis that the contract includes up to 10-12 hours a week be spent on lesson preparation / marking / report writing.
Classes are of either 60 or 90 minutes duration, depending on the age of the group.
All local and national holidays are included in the salary as are the Xmas (typically two weeks) and Easter (1 week) breaks.
A two week bonus is paid to returning teachers at the start of the academic year in September.
The academic year goes from mid September to the end of the 3rd week of June (also paid in full)
All contracts are in accordance with Spanish Labour regulations and awards. Full social security benefits are automatically provided by the state.
Applicants for a teaching position
– are native level users of English with a Degree plus a CELTA / Trinity CertTESOL or equivalent
– are EU citizens or elligible for EU residency.
– have at least 1 year’s classroom teaching experience in a similar position.
– have experience with young learners (from at least 8-9 years old), although the positions may entail teaching very young learners (4-6 years old) teenagers and adults.
– are able to demonstrate a working knowledge of Spanish.
– preferably have an awareness of the CEFRL and knowledge of / experience with Cambridge English exams.
– can provide a Criminal Records Backgound Check (CERTIFICADO POR DELITOS DE NATURALEZA SEXUAL).
We require teachers to
– maintain a neat and professional appearance and manner
– be enthusiastic about teaching and approachable to students
– attend to typical administrative tasks (maintain class registers, correction of homework, correction of term or bi-term exams, write reports)
– attend a monthly meeting / workshop, plus a couple of external seminars during the academic year.
We require dedicated EFL Teachers to fill positions in the coming school. The contracted hours will be over four afternoons/evenings, Monday to Thursday, and all classes take place at our centre.
The starting date is 17th September 2018 until the end of June 2019, with the possibility of a further contract for the following school year. You will also be required to attend an induction morning on September 13th.