The English Centre is a well established language school situated in a central location in Madrid (el Barrio Salamanca near the Retiro park). The centre was started in 1967 by Mr John FitzGibbon Senior and currently enjoys an excellent reputation as a prestigious teaching organization.
In our school we offer English courses for adults and young learners including the preparation of the Cambridge examinations – we have an excellent pass rate. The English Centre also organizes business English courses in companies both in Madrid and Barcelona.
The English Centre also offers courses in the United Kingdom and other destinations through our courses abroad department.
There is a Spanish for foreigners department and our teachers are entitled to Spanish classes at a discount rate.
The English Centre provides a friendly and supportive working atmosphere for our teachers and currently employs 75 teachers. We provide extensive teaching materials,a staff room and photocopying and internet facilities.
The English Centre is a member of the following associations:
ACEDIM, FECEI, ACADE and ASEPROCE.
– 9 month renewable contracts both part time and full time
– Competitive salary with increments for qualifications and experience
– 2 weeks holiday at Christmas and 1 week at Easter
– All Public Holidays paid
– Teacher support and training
– Advances on salary in the autumn for new teachers in Madrid to get established
– Native speakers competence
– CELTA qualified or equivalent
– At least one year´s experience in one or more of the following areas – company classes, children´s classes or preparation of Cambridge examinations