The English Workshop provides quality English language teaching and language-related services to the local community and beyond. We teach in-person, online and hybrid classes and pride ourselves on having adapted quickly to the Covid-19 pandemic. We remained open throughout 2020.
We are located in the heart of Huelva’s wine-growing region – El Condado , and very close to Doñana National Park, about 20-30 mins from the beach.
The school is a Cambridge Preparation Centre, and an Examination Centre for Trinity College and the Oxford Test of English. We also prepare candidates for Aptis exams.
The English Workshop is a learning organisation. In return for a flexible, professional and enthusiastic commitment to our school we will provide you with excellent conditions, a pleasant working environment, and all the support you need to help you develop as a teacher.
We welcome applications from suitably qualified and experienced teachers throughout the year, although most teaching jobs run from mid-September to May/June.
You will be expected to:
- Teach general English to students both on and off-site (in local schools and companies).
- Teach young learners (6+ years old) and teenagers.
- Prepare students for Cambridge, Trinity and other ESOL exams.
- Take part in weekly coordination meetings and in-service training sessions (face-to-face or online).
- Excellent conditions including a competitive salary based on qualifications and experience.
- Up to 24 contact hours per week.
- A friendly, supportive atmosphere in a well-resourced school.
- Lots of opportunities for ongoing training and professional development.
- Settling-in allowance and help with finding accommodation locally.
Qualities, skills and experience we are looking for:
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- The right to work in the EU.
- University degree or equivalent.
- A recognised TEFL qualification. (CELTA or Trinity Cert preferred)
- Minimum 1 year’s teaching experience.
- Energy and enthusiasm, a good team player.
- Driving licence.
- Knowledge of Spanish.
We are now recruiting teachers for the new academic year, starting mid-september.
These are full-time posts. There may be the option of working part-time, if desired.
For the 2020/21 academic year we are also looking for:
- Director of Studies. Either an experienced DOS/Senior Teacher or a teacher with several years’ experience looking to take on more responsibility and prepare for academic management.
- Very Young Learner specialist (3-5). An experienced YL teacher with a good command of Spanish.