The English Workshop is a small but rapidly growing school which opened in 2013. We are located in the heart of Huelva’s wine-growing region – El Condado , and very close to Doñana National Park, about 20-30 mins from the beach. The English Workshop provides quality English language teaching and language-related services to the local community.
We are a Cambridge Preparation Centre, and an Examination Centre for Trinity College and the Oxford Test of English.
The English Workshop is a learning organisation. In return for a flexible, professional and enthusiastic commitment to our school we will provide you with excellent conditions, a pleasant working environment, and all the support you need to help you develop as a teacher.
We welcome applications from suitably qualified and experienced teachers throughout the year, although most teaching jobs run from mid-September to May/June.
You will be expected to:
- Teach general English to adult students both on and off-site (in companies).
- Teach young learners (6+ years old) and teenagers.
- Prepare students for Cambridge, Trinity and other ESOL exams.
- Attend weekly coordination meetings and in-service training sessions.
- Excellent conditions including a competitive salary based on qualifications and experience, including social security, paid holidays and accrued holiday pay at end of contract.
- Up to 24 contact hours per week.
- A friendly, supportive atmosphere in a well-resourced school.
- Lots of opportunities for ongoing training and professional development.
- Help with finding accommodation locally.
- Assistance with local bureaucratic procedures.
Qualities, skills and experience we are looking for:
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- The right to work in the EU.
- University degree or equivalent.
- A recognised TEFL qualification. (CELTA or Trinity Cert preferred)
- Minimum 1 year’s teaching experience.
- Energy and enthusiasm, a good team player.
- Flexible and adaptable, willing to teach adults, offsite classes, children and exam preparation classes as required.
- Driving licence.
- Knowledge of Spanish.
We are now recruiting for the 2019-20 academic year, starting mid-september.
These are full-time posts. There may be the option of working part-time, if requested.
For the 2019/20 academic year we are also looking for an early years specialist (3-5) who speaks at least basic Spanish.