We are a Language School running English language courses for children starting at the age of 1, adolescents and adults, preparing students for Cambridge Exams and providing English In-Company as well as running our teacher training courses.
We have ample experience in running teacher training events and providing educational consulting for school and institutions in the Field of English Teaching and we also provide cultural and language courses abroad, all of which are of the highest quality and are taught only at officially recognized schools.
The Director has an established reputation in the English Educational Field, collaborating with Oxford University Press and the different Centres of Teachers of Concellería de Educación , CEFIRE and CPR as a teacher trainer and academic counsellor, running workshops for Primary and Secondary school teachers of English all over Spain as well as doing in training services and setting up language schools in prestigious schools in Alicante.
- 9 – 12 month renewable contract
• basic 23 / 25 hour timetable maximum 34 hours
• General English
• Young Learner and Adult courses
• Cambridge examination courses
• Company classes
- A competitive salary
• Ongoing teaching support and guidance.
• Opportunity for summer work on our summer courses
• Full medical cover (seguridad social)
- 2 weeks (approx) paid holiday at Christmas
• 1 week paid holiday at Easter
• All public holidays paid
• (based on Oct-Jun contract)
As part of the contract teachers are expected to attend a one week pre-service course in September, and monthly 2 hour in-service training session. All teachers are observed and given structured feedback at least once in the course of the year.
Man Duties and Responsibilities
- To teach English to different levels and ages of Spanish students from children to teenagers and some adults, leading to internal and external examinations.
• To plan effective and suitable lessons following the general content and grammar points as covered in the course books or curriculum for each level.
• To plan lessons in advance using the extensive range of resources and facilities available within the school and to achieve the year plan for each level.
• To attend weekly internal training sessions and meetings and external training sessions where required.
• To provide feedback on the students performance by way of bi-annual reports and where necessary, by speaking to the parents or the DOS.
Native speaker teachers from EU or USA (if from USA, must have NIE – Número de Identificación de Extranjero)
- University degree + CELTA, CELTYL, DELTA or equivalent
• Minimum of three year’s teaching experience (but we happily consider newly qualified teachers subject to interview)
• Interest in developing as a teacher
• Basic computer skills
2 TEACHING ENGLISH POSITIONS AVAILABLE IN ALICANTE
We are looking for Native English teachers to join our team for the coming academic year.
- Qualified teacher with experience in teaching very young learners, with CELTYL or similar.
- Qualified teacher with CELTA and experience in teaching teenagers, adults and Cambridge Exams.
Job starts October until end of June. Opportunity to continue throughout the summer with ourSUMMER COURSES.
We offer excellent professional development opportunities and conditions.
Interested applicants should send their CV with a cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org