“There are teachers that teach and those that teach and inspire. Be remembered for your inspiration: join our team”
With more than 35 years of experience teaching English as a foreign language in Spain we have seen a lot of changes. One thing that has not changed, however, is the impact made by an inspirational teacher who can motivate their students. So if you are serious about your teaching and feel you can make a difference, we would love to hear from you.
Working with Albany School of English you will feel fully supported in your role and valued as a true professional. You will be joining a respected organisation at the forefront of Teaching English as a Foreign Language.
Albany School of English is an innovative private language school with eleven centres in Cordoba (Andalusia, Southern Spain), Castro del Río (a village outside Cordoba) and Madrid.
Albany School was founded in 1985 and currently employs around 30 full-time teachers. As a member of both The Association of Language Schools for Andalusia (ACEIA) and The National Federation of Private Language Schools in Spain (FECEI), we are committed to maintaining high standards throughout the organisation.
We offer a range of teaching options:
- Albany Language Solutions for Business: In-company courses offering General English and ESP (English for Specific Purposes) to adults in-company with face-to-face and online components.
- Albany Language Schools: General & Exam English and French from beginner to advanced levels. Ages range from 3 to adult. Courses are two or three hours-a-week from mid-September until June.
- Albany Language Centres: General, Exam English and French and Teacher Training in mainstream schools to school children, adults and teachers. Courses are usually two or three hours-a-week from October until May orJune.
- Albany Summer courses: Intensive exam preparation courses for adults and teenagers in July. Children’s summer courses for 3 to 15 year-olds also take place during this month.
Teachers have access to a wealth of resources that you would expect to find in a well-established modern school. Every Albany School is equipped with additional computers so that students can practice regularly with multi-media outside class-time and video cameras are available to use in lessons too.
Albany School regards its teachers as a valuable asset and therefore invests time and resources to ensure that each teacher feels fully supported during their time with us. Albany has a comprehensive Professional Development Programme (PDP) which includes:
- Pre-course induction sessions (online and face to face)
- Free Spanish classes (subject to demand)
- Individually agreed annual professional development objectives
- A series of Albany-wide PDP developmental workshops
- Weekly team meetings
- A formal mid year professional development review
- A formal end of year appraisal
- The opportunity to attend the annual ACEIA conference in Seville in November
- A peer observation programme
- A developmental observation providing teachers with constructive feedback and suggestions at least twice a year
- The opportunity to lead team meetings or PDP/in house workshops
- Encouragement, advice and support for those interested in speaking at local, national and international teaching conferences