TECS: English Academies, Summer Camps, and Language Travel
TECS is a language organisation in Southern Spain, teaching English to Spanish children in our summer camps successfully since 1997. We employ native English speakers to work directly with the children or to work within specific support roles in our summer camps each year. We run TEFL classes (taught by TEFL teachers) and an activity programme (run by our monitors and teachers). We look for fun-loving, active people who love working in a children’s environment.
TECS is a sister organization of a bi-lingual school El Centro Ingles which has been operating for over 40 years. TECS runs a year-round academy and also operates Language Travel and Homestay programmes as well as operating our summer camps during the summer.
The Summer Camp programme is an activity-based language learning programme in which language learning is combined with fun activities like: sports, adventure, excursions, music, computers, art, handicrafts, nature, songs, games, parties.
The objective is for Spanish children to learn English whilst enjoying themselves in a camp atmosphere. Our Summer Camps run from the end of June to the end of August each year. We run multiple different summer camps all over Spain, from the coast of Cadiz to the mountains of Cadiz province to the beautiful Gredos area outside of Madrid.
At TECS Camp we supply our teachers with countless resources. Our camps use “Masterpacks“, which are 10 days worth of lessons full of activities and games which have been specifically designed for us by our own TEFL Department. While Little Village utilizes communication activity resources which are partly are own and partly ones from great communicative resource books and websites. All camps have TECS original resources for the class structure.
All camps have access to ample activity books, speaking activities, and game packs that have been collected and improved throughout the years. It is sure to say that the teachers are never left empty-handed. Teachers in Family Camp have access to internet and computer resources at any time. Teachers in the other camps will have all necessary hard copies of all resources they and their students need but, because of the venues, will not have access to internet-based resources. All camps have industrial photocopiers for teachers to use.
BENEFITS OF WORKING ON A TECS SUMMER CAMP
The benefits of camp work are numerous, as many as the challenges!! To mention a few, for the right people they are:
- Ambience of summer camp environment – team work, spirit and “comradeship” like no other job can provide!
- Fulfilment of working with kids and working in an environment where people care about what they are doing.
- Professional and personal development.
- Friends from around the world.
- And of course it is southern Spain: sun and fun!
- Staff events – weekend trips, sport and game competitions during camp.
- Management Bonding Meals before camp starts and reward meal at end of summer.
- Staff final meal – these are big things and for many staff the highlight of the summer so DON’T LEAVE CAMP UNTIL THE DAY AFTER WORK FINISHES.
- Knowledgeable year-round and returnee management (every year 80% managers are returnees). The top management were ALL once staff members and mid-management themselves at one point.
- Supportive management structure.
- Guiding hand on the rewarding path to professional development and personal development.
- Staff uniform – enough so you won’t need to bring other clothes!!!
We offer contracts for 2, 4 (most in July, some in August), 6 and 8 weeks.
The complete information about all of the jobs, the job profiles and information such as dates, wages, etc. can be found on www.tecsemployment.com where applicants can also, easily and quickly, apply for any position online.
Job requirements vary per position, for example TEFL Teachers and Coordinators need to have a TEFL qualification and preferably teaching experience.
No knowledge of Spanish is required for most staff positions except for Directors, Assistant Directors and Welfare Coordinators who must have Spanish.
All “job profiles” can be viewed online at www.tecsemployment.com
In general, camp working hours are long and camp life is nothing like 9-5 living. Camp days are structured similarly to American Camps with staff being involved in a wide range of activities throughout the day. Generally all positions have between 3-4 hours off during the day and some nights off each week. All staff have one day off at the weekend. All applicants must be young at heart and prepared for the rigours of a residentialsummer camp. From our experience, summer camp is a great job for people who are fun-loving, adaptable, energetic and enthusiastic. Please note this is a summer CAMP and not a summer school, meaning this is not just classroom teaching, as all teachers must do outside the classroom responsibilities, leader group supervision, arts and crafts classes etc.., which are of equal importance to those responsibilities they fulfil within the classroom.
We always have vacaciones:
- For EFL teachers in one of our many English Academies
- We recruit up to 200 staff in a variety of positions for each year.
- We have many positions that are open during the year as we get closer to the summer.
Check out what positions are open at www.tecsemployment.com
TECS attends the annual Spainwise Jobs fair so you can see us there!