BLS is a well-established friendly school located in a peaceful neighbourhood in the centre of Seville. We are walking distance from the grand ‘Plaza de España’ and ‘Parque de María Luisa’.
We are a team of 9 native teachers. Our students range from 3 year old children to advanced adults.
We are an enthusiastic team who are passionate about our work. We see learning languages as a fun and natural process. The school gives constant support, training and resources throughout the year.
Classrooms are equipped with laptops, projectors and interactive whiteboards. The school’s facilities include a comprehensive library encompassing all levels and ages. Alongside course text books, there is additional material (regularly reviewed and updated) for class activities.
The academy has got two large patios, which we take full advantage of with our students in the good weather. We also have air conditioning (which, as you may already know, is essential in Seville!).
BLS idiomas is interested in hiring highly motivated, enthusiastic EFL professionals for the academic year September 2018 – June 2019 to teach all ages from 3 years to advanced adults. Teachers are expected to teach all ages and levels of students. Most classes will consist primarily of children aged 3-6, kids 7-11 and juniors 11-17 in groups of up to 10 students. You will also have adult groups and Cambridge exam preparation classes.
What the post involves:
The teaching timetable ranges from 20 to 25 contact hours. Normally classroom teaching is from 4 to 10 pm. The rest of the hours (full time contract 34 hours) is used for class preparation, marking, reports, attendance records, tutorials with parents, admin work, teacher meetings (1 hour per week), outside training sessions, etc.
You will work in a friendly group of teachers and will be provided with total support and training during your time with us.
- Full time contract (34 hours) from 17th September 2018 to end June 2019 and general health coverage according to Spanish law.
• Fully paid holidays: 2 weeks at Christmas, 1 week at Easter and three days in Feria. We also have all official local, regional and national holidays.
• Salary varies from 1190 to 1488 euros gross monthly, depending on the number of teaching hours.
• Paid 3 day induction, €150 (Thursday 8th, Friday 9th and Monday 12th September). It is essential that teachers are in Seville to attend this induction.
– Native English speaker competence
– A University Degree
– A recognised TEFL Qualification
– At least one year’s experience teaching young learners and children
– Experience teaching adults and Cambridge ESOL exams (KET, PET, FCE, CAE) is a plus
– Knowledge of Spanish is a plus