Keltic English Centre has been offering general English language courses to children and adults in Cáceres, Extremadura since 1993.
Both our centres are located in the heart of the city . After 27 years in Caceres, the school has earned the reputation, through hard work and dedication, of being one of the leading language schools in town.
We have been a registered Trinity Examination Centre for over 20 years and a preparation centre for Cambridge exams. Some of our teachers are Cambridge Oral Examiners in Extremadura.
Our aim is to provide our students with the highest standards of professional service in the field of EFL.
Our teaching priority is motivating our students to communicate in English while not forgetting the necessary consolidation of grammar.
Our students are mainly school-going: children, teenagers, but there are courses for adults too.
Our timetable for classes is in the afternoons/evenings (4pm to 10pm) from Monday to Thursday.
Our courses require our students to achieve a clearly defined communicative objective at the end of each year. This objective is based on the course book for each level and the requirements set down by external examination organisations Trinity College London and University of Cambridge.
At the end of each year our students are encouraged to take these exams as they give our students the opportunity to show their acquired language skills and obtain a certificate which will enhance their future professional prospects. Keltic English Centre is a registered examination centre for both of these organisations.
One of our priorities is our teachers’ development and career:
- Initial induction course for new teachers in September.
- worshops in external (Cambridge/Trinity) preparation and correction.
- On-going teacher development, support and training throughout the year, with weekly meetings, individual professional development meetings and attendance to TEFL conferences annually.
Our centres are equipped with interactive whiteboards, computers, and audio equipment. There is a maximum of 10 students per class. Each teacher has his/her own classroom. The centre has an extensive range of resource materials. The whole centre is a wi-fi zone.
Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire(W B Yeats, Irish Poet, 1865-1939)
If you want to know more about Cáceres or Keltic, please visit our website and Social Media.
- Timetable Monday to Thursday (4pm-10pm)
- full-time contract (34 hours) from Sept. to June
- Competitive salary
- Legal contract, full health cover
- Paid holidays (Christmas, Easter and local)
- Assistance with relocation
- University Degree
- Recognised TEFL Qualification
- Working knowledge of Spanish a plus
- Experience working with children a plus