Since 1995 St James has grown to three centers in Mairena del Aljarafe, one in San Juan, franchises in Pilas and Almonte as well as our ever expanding after schools programme in the colegios, in total around 50 members of staff.
We teach general English combined with other subjects such as Science, Humanities and Maths as part of our Content Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) syllabus which along with our award winning Emotional Intelligence (EI) programme is incorporated into our English classes throughout the academic year for our school age students.
We are a Trinity College Registered Examination Centre. We prepare students for Cambridge KET/PET/FCE/CAE/CPE and Cambridge Young Learners’ Exams.
We run a successful activity programme for our students throughout the year, which includes Halloween and Christmas parties, excursions, and regular workshops.
Our center in Ciudad Expo has eight classrooms, Mairena Centro has eight and San Juan four; all fully equipped with digital whiteboards and air conditioning/heating.
Classes are a maximum of twelve students who come for three hours a week.
Our students are mostly from the age of three to teenagers who come between the hours of 4pm to 8.30pm with some adult classes in the mornings and at 8.30pm.
St. James belongs to the following professional organizations:
- ACEIA (Association of Language Schools in Andalusia).
- FECEI (Federación Española de Centros de Enseñanza de Idiomas)
- Trinity College Registered Examination Centre.
Mairena del Aljarafe is a thriving suburb of Seville approximately 7km from the centre and easily accessible by public transport, by metro we are 15 minutes from the Puerta Jerez station in the center of Sevilla. The metro station is outside the Ciudad Expo school and there are lots of bars, restaurants and shops as well as a large shopping centre close by.
Your Role at St James
- To teach general English and English through other subjects (CLIL) to students ranging from young learners to teenagers and adults.
- To plan effective lessons using the wide range of resources available at the schools
- To attend weekly training sessions
- To provide feedback on students performance by way of written reports and parents’ day
- CELTA/ Trinity or PGCE/QTS
- University degree in a national curriculum subject One year’s experience teaching young learners and teenagers
- Professional, friendly and approachable manner with the ability to adapt and be flexible
- Good organizational and planning skills and the interest to develop as a teacher
- Ability to work with young learners and teenagers
Types of Available positions
- Teachers of General English with special interest in teaching very young learners
- Experienced Exam (Cambridge & Trinity) teachers
- Teachers to work off site in local schools
- Competitive salary with fully paid holidays at Christmas and Semana Santa and other observed local holidays
- Full time contracts of up to 24 teaching hours per week from mid September until the latter part of June.
- Accrued holiday pay throughout the duration of the contract (paid on completion)
- Ongoing training and development opportunities