St James Language Center opened in 1995 with one centre and three staff and has grown to two centres in Mairena del Aljarafe, one in Gelves and a franchise in Pilas with over twenty five staff. The majority of our teachers work full-time but we also offer part-time contracts as well.
We teach general English combined with other subjects such as Science, Humanities and Maths which are incorporated into the English classes throughout the academic year for our school age students.
We are a Trinity College Registered Examination Centre and belong to the Cambridge KET/PET committee. We prepare students for Cambridge KET/PET/FCE/CAE and Cambridge Young Learners’ Exams.
We run a successful activity programme for our students throughout the year which includes Halloween and Christmas parties, excursions to Gibraltar, sports’ day and regular workshops.
In the summer we run a playscheme, intensive adult courses and courses to USA and UK for teenagers and summer camps for younger ones.
Our centre in Ciudad Expo has ten classrooms, Mairena Centro has eight and Gelves two; all fully equipped with interactive whiteboards and air conditioning/heating.
Classes are a maximum of twelve students who come for three hours a week.
Our students are mostly from the age of three to teenagers who come between the hours of 4pm to 8.30pm with some adult classes in the mornings and at 8.30pm.
St. James belongs to the following professional organizations:
- ACEIA(the association of language schools in Andalusia).
- The University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate Committee for PET.
- KET and CYLET exams.
- Trinity College Registered Examination Centre.
Mairena del Aljarafe is a thriving suburb of Seville approximately 7km from the centre and easily accessible by public transport. The metro station is outside the Ciudad Expo school and there are lots of bars, restaurants and shops as well as a large shopping centre close by.
Join Us and Evolve with the Quality Leaders
Your Role at St James
- To teach general English and English through other subjects (CLIL) to students ranging from young learners to teenagers and adults.
- To plan effective lessons using the wide range of resources available at the schools
- To attend weekly training sessions
- To provide feedback on students performance by way of written reports and parents’ day
- CELTA/ Trinity or PGCE/QTS
• University degree in a national curriculum subject
• One year’s experience teaching young learners and teenagers
• Professional, friendly and approachable manner with the ability to adapt and be flexible
• Good organizational and planning skills and the interest to develop as a teacher
• Ability to work with young learners and teenagers
• Basic IT skills
Types of Available positions
- Teachers of General English
- Experienced VYL and YL teachers
- Experienced Exam (Cambridge & Trinity) teachers
- Full time teachers
- Part time teachers
- Teachers to work off site in local schools
- Competitive salary with fully paid holidays at Christmas and Semana Santa and other observed local holidays
- Part and full time contracts of up to 24 teaching hours per week from mid September until the latter part of June.
- Accrued holiday pay throughout the duration of the contract (paid on completion)
- Ongoing training and development opportunities