Language Centre Idiomas opened in the academic course 1982/83 and since then our primary concern has been to achieve a serious and efficient quality in the teaching of languages while enjoying a friendly atmosphere.
Language Centre Idiomas is a member of the Association of Language Schools in The Valencian Community (ACEICOVA), which represents and defends quality and professionalism in private language schools and in turn belongs to the National Federation of Language Schools in Spain (FECEI) for legislative, administrative, professional and academic matters.
We also belong to the Arbitration System for Consumers from the Valencian Government.
Education is our job and our passion, so our team will always try its best to advise and assist teachers and students to achieve their goals.
Our two centres are located in the towns of Alaquás and Aldaia, both in the western outskirts of the city of Valencia, within a distance of about 7 km of the city centres and with easy access by bus and train.
- All classrooms are well – equipped with whiteboard, CD/cassette player, TV, DVD player, OHP, video-camera and we are planning to start introducing interactive whiteboards for the next school year.
- Free access computer room, free internet services for teachers and students.
- Teachers´ resource library with lots of supplementary materials.
- Reception area with a student lending library of easy readers, DVDs and magazines.
- Photocopier, printers
We follow an eclectic method, that is, we conjugate different aspects of modern lingüistics with other traditional resources emphasizing the oral and communicative aspects of the language but without forgetting that in order to master a language you need to work on the four skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing.
At the beginning of the school year, teachers are given detailed briefing on their groups with all kinds of information, support, help and guidance that will be maintained all through the year. We hold a teachers´ meeting every fortnight and encourage them to attend external training days and conferences.
Levels range from absolute beginners to advanced and we have students from all ages from five . The majority of our students are children and teenagers. Many take the Cambridge Exams in English, the DELF and DALF in French, the Goethe Institut in German, Instituto Italiano de Cultura in Italian or Instituto Cervantes in Spanish.
Students are given 3 reports during the academic year, one at Christmas, another at Easter and the last one in June.
Most of our staff work part- time from 5 p.m. to 9.30 p.m. from Monday to Thursday. There are a few morning classes or in-company classes.
- Apart from the Main General English Courses for Young Learners, Teenagers and Adults we have a small percentage of French, German , Italian and Spanish as a foreign language, students.
- One to one tuition and in-company classes
- English for Special Purposes(E.S.P.)
- On – line Courses.
- Translation Services
- Summer Camps in Spain
- Intensive Courses in Britain.
- Cultural and Educational advice.
- There are training sessions before the beginning of the academic year.
- Competitive salary and full national insurance cover.
- Two weeks´paid holiday at Christmas and a week and a half at Easter, as well as national and local holidays.
- University degree
- TEFL certificate or a minimum of a year´s experience.
- Be legally entitled to work in Spain
- Letter of reference from a university teacher or previous employer.
- Knowledge of Spanish
- Positive attitude to work , friendly personality and loads of motivation.