London School opened in 2004 with one centre and two staff and has grown to four centres (San Bernabé, La Ermita and Colegio Salesianos in Algeciras, and Colegio Salesianos in La Línea de la Concepción – next to Gibraltar) with 23 staff. The majority of our teachers work full-time but we also offer part-time contracts as well.
We teach general English, ESP, one-to-one tuition and in-company lessons, where we have included several of the most important companies in the área, such as APM, MAERSK, Mertramar, González Gaggero, Altrans, Altius, Bureau Veritas, etc. . We are an official Cambridge Exam preparation centre from YL Starters to adults C1 level classes.
Our San Bernabé Centre has 8 classrooms and our Ermita Centre has 6 classrooms, all of them equipped with computers, projectors, several digital whiteboards and wifi.
YL classes have a maximum of 15 students with ages ranging from 4 to 16 and attend afternoon lessons (3.30pm-7.30pm) four days a week (Mon-Thurs) one hour each lesson. Adult classes have maximum of 12 students. Adult lessons are either in the mornings or late afternoon/evening 2 days a week for 1 and a half hours each lesson. We also run INTENSIVE CAMBRIDGE EXAM preparation courses which can last from 8 to 10 weeks (2 hours a day Mon to Thurs). We do not teach on Fridays.
London School is a member of the following organizations:
• ACEIA (Andalusian Language Schools Association) and FECEI (National Language Schools Association)
• Cambridge Examinations official preparation centre (we received the Cambridge Achievement Award 2016)
• CAPMAN (TOEIC and TOEFL exams preparation centre)
This post involves teaching Young Learners aged 4 – 17, General English to Adults, exam preparation courses for KET, PET, FCE, and CAE. Candidates must be willing to teach on a range of these course types.
The centre runs a professional development programme where teachers attend workshops (in-house and external training) and sharing sessions, once every 4-6 weeks, on Friday mornings which are compulsory for all our staff.
• Have native or near native speaker level (IELTS level 9 or Cambridge C2)
• First degree or equivalent – desirable
• TEFL certificate (i.e. CELTA or Trinity Cert TESOL)
• Experience teaching English at all levels and preferably YL – desirable
• Be flexible, talented and highly motivated.
• Have the legal right to work in Spain (EU passport holder preferable although non-EU passport holders will be equally considered)
• Pre-Intermediate or Intermediate knowledge of Spanish would be an advantage.
- 2 full-time teachers (22-24 contact hours p/w) starting beginning Sept 2019
- Competitive salary (above national average)
- Yearly holiday entitlement: 3 weeks holiday (2 weeks Christmas and 1 week Easter) plus national and local holidays.
- We DO NOT work on Fridays.