London School opened in 2004 with one centre and two staff and has grown to two centres (San Bernabé and La Ermita) with 16 staff. The majority of our teachers work full-time but we also offer part-time contracts as well.
We teach general English, ESP and 1-to-1 tuition. We are an official Cambridge Exam preparation centre from YL Starters to adults C2 level classes.
Our San Bernabé Centre has 8 classrooms and our Ermita Centre has 6 classrooms equipped with TVs with integrated CD players and wifi.
YL classes have a maximum of 15 students with ages ranging from 4 to 16 and attend afternoon lessons (3.30pm-7.30pm) four days a week (Mon-Thurs) one hour each lesson. Adult classes have maximum of 12 students. Adult lessons are either in the mornings or late afternoon/evening 2 days a week for 1 and a half hours each lesson. We also run intensive Cambridge exam preparation courses which can last from 8 to 10 weeks (2 hours a day Mon to Thurs). Both centres close on Fridays.
London School is a member of the following organizations:
• ACEIA (Andalusian Language Schools Association)
• Cambridge Examinations official preparation centre
• EF official agent
This post involves teaching Young Learners aged 4 – 17, General English to Adults, exam preparation courses for KET, PET, FCE, CAE and CPE. Candidates must be willing to teach on a range of these course types.
The centre runs a professional development programme where teachers attend workshops (in-house and external training) and sharing sessions
• Have native or near native speaker level (IELTS level 9 or Cambridge C2)
• First degree or equivalent – desirable
• TEFL certificate (i.e. CELTA or Trinity Cert TESOL)
• Experience teaching English at all levels and preferably YL – desirable
• Be flexible, talented and highly motivated.
• Have the legal right to work in Spain (EU passport holder preferable although non-EU passport holders will be equally considered)
• Pre-Intermediate or Intermediate knowledge of Spanish would be an advantage
- 2 full-time teachers (22 contact hours p/w) starting beginning Sept 2015
- Competitive salary (above national average)
- Yearly holiday entitlement: 3 weeks holiday (2 weeks Christmas and 1 week Easter) plus national and local holidays