El Centro de Inglés is a serious, professional language school dedicated to quality language teaching and teacher development situated in Andujar, in the province of Jaen, south-eastern Spain.
The school opened in 1988. We teach English to children (from 4 years), teenagers and adults from total beginners to advanced level. A large percentage of our students are young learners. We prepare students for all the Cambridge University ESOL and the Trinity College GESE and ISE exams. We are an official Trinity centre. The school comprises of the main school and an annex.
At present there are 10 teachers, a Director of Studies, a secretary and a Director. We run in-service training and have an on-going teacher support and observation programme. External teacher training is funded by the school. Experienced teachers are on hand at the beginning of term to help new teachers find their way around the school and the wealth of teaching materials in the staffroom.
Most timetables begin at 4.00/4.30pm and finish at 9.30pm. On an average day you will be teaching four and a half hours. We finish at 7.30pm on a Friday afternoon. An average timetable would be 21 teaching hours although you are on a full time contract for 34 hours since the remaining hours are put in preparing classes, attending teachers’ meetings and carrying out administrative duties. More hours will be offered if available.
- Bright, centrally heated and air-conditioned classrooms, all with modern furniture and whiteboards which look out onto a typical Andalusian patio.
- Small groups (max. 12 students) graded according to age and level.
- Large teachers’ room with photocopier, and a wide selection of the latest teaching materials, DVD’s, materials for young learners and most recent course books.
- Kitchenette with microwave, fridge and water dispenser
- A lending library (DVDs, books and magazines) and an extensive EFL training library
- Interactive whiteboards (e-beam) with laptop and wifi in all classrooms
9.5 month contract (mid Sept-end of June)
21 contact hours per week with no weekend classes.
Class preparation, teachers´ meetings and teacher training bring the full -time contract up to 34 hours per week.
Increments for DELTA/PGCE/YLE qualifications.
Full health and insurance cover (Spanish NHS and private).
Fully paid Christmas, Easter, local, national and regional holidays
Help with finding accommodation and sorting out paperwork/admin.
Settling in allowance (150 euros).
Holiday bonus on completion of contract.
Current salary for 21 contact hours is 1.350,00 euros gross.
Classes start on 12th September 2018. Term finishes end of June 2019. Teachers need to be in Andujar before 7th September in order to attend teachers’ meetings and induction sessions.
- Native English speaker Competence
- EU national/valid work permit
- University degree
- CELTA/DELTA/Trinity College TEFL (or similar) qualification
- Previous teaching experience
- A working knowledge of Spanish is essential
- Experience of the Cambridge and Trinity exams highly valued
We currently have vacancies for teachers to start 12th September 2018. These positions involve teaching all levels including Cambridge exam groups. Some young learners teaching may also be required.